To protect your account…
LorMet Credit Union monitors debit card transactions for potentially fraudulent activity through a Fraud Detection Program. Potentially fraudulent activity may include a sudden change in locale (such as when a U.S. issued card is used unexpectedly overseas or in a foreign country), a sudden string of costly purchases, or any pattern associated with new fraud trends around the world.
If we suspect fraudulent debit card use, our monitoring agency will either send you a text* or call you to validate the legitimacy of your suspect transactions.
When we text you…
If our system detects suspicious activity on your card, you’ll receive a text message with details about the suspected transaction. All you have to do is respond to the text to confirm the transaction. If you indicate the transaction is fraud, you’ll receive another message with a number to call for follow-up. If not, you’re all set. The system will mark the transaction as legitimate and you can get on with your day – simple as that.
Text Message from 37268
We may be calling you…
If fraudulent debit card use is suspected on your bank account and we can’t reach you by text message, you will be called to validate the legitimacy of your transactions. Your participation in responding to our call is critical to prevent potential risk and avoid restrictions we may place on the use of your debit card.
- Our automated call center will ask you to verify recent transaction activity on your card.
- We will ask you to verify your identity and provide your 5-digit ZIP code.
- You will be able to respond via your touchtone keypad.
- Also, we will provide a toll-free number to call should you have additional questions.
To ensure we can continue to reach you whenever potential fraud is detected, please keep us informed of your correct phone numbers (cell, home and work) and address at all times.
It is the policy of LorMet Credit Union to NEVER solicit customer information or identification, numbers or passwords via e-mail. If you are approached with such an offer, do not reply to the e-mail and instead contact LorMet Credit Union immediately.
*Text Messaging is a free service offered by LorMet Credit Union; rates and fees from your wireless carrier will not apply.
Unless absolutely required for a legitimate business purpose, avoid giving out your:
- Address and Zip Code
- Phone Number
- Date of Birth
- Social Security Number
- ATM, Debit or Credit Card or Bank Account Number
- ATM, Debit or Credit Card Expiration Data
In stores and at ATMs, always cover your debit card and PIN and watch for:
- Cell phone cameras, mirrors or other tools used to view cards and PINs
- People watching your transactions
- Cashiers taking your card out of sight; instead take it to the register yourself
- Any unusual activity at ATMs; if you feel uncomfortable, go to another ATM
- Any device or coverings on the card slots of ATMs; if you see this do not insert your card and instead go to another ATM