Watch out for unsolicited text messages claiming to be from LorMet!
Here’s an example of a text scam designed to copy a legitimate fraud alert to LorMet cardholders.
- This scam text doesn’t identify that it’s for a card or list the card number.
- This text does not come from a verified fraud alert number. It’s 10 digits instead of 5.
- If you reply Y, the scammer may state that your card has been blocked and ask for your personal information over call/text, potentially exposing you to fraud!
- LorMet Credit Card fraud alerts ALWAYS come from 86975, a 5-digit number.
- LorMet Debit Card fraud alerts ALWAYS come from 37268, a 5-digit number.
- This text identifies a card number.
- Legitimate fraud alerts always begin with “FreeMsg: LorMet Comm FCU Fraud Ctr”.
Never share your personal information! LorMet or any financial institution would never text or call you to confirm…
- Card number
- PIN number
- CVV number
- Birth date
- Social security number
If you ever doubt the legitimacy of a text message don’t respond! Contact LorMet directly at (440) 960-6600 to verify that the text is legitimate.